Thursday, May 4, 2017

Notes From the Midnight Driver

            The book I am reading is Notes From the Midnight Driver, Whcih is about a boy who was caught drunk driving and is now doing service instead of going to jail. While left home alone, Alex attempts to drive to his fathers house causing an accident with a lawn gnome and soon to be arrested. Which leads him to a memorial home to spend time with an old man named Solomon Lewis with a brewing friendship until a argument or confrontation at a holiday party with Mr. Lewis's peers. Alex is confused about the relationship between his parents after seeing them together at three in the morning. His best friend Laurie might be his potential crush or girlfriend after their sleepover. So far I have read 134 pages and will continue to read to 169.


            The character I would like to meet is Solomon Lewis. I think it would be very interesting to see him in person and hear what his side of the story would be. I would ask Mr. Lewis over 20 questions but I will choose 4 important questions I would ask. The first question I would ask is, "What do you think of Alex and how do you feel about him?". The second question I would ask is, " What made you the person you are now?". My third question "Can you tell me about your daughter and your family life?". Lastly " What would you do if you were in Alex's shoes?".


           So far, I enjoy reading  the book and enjoy the characters. I would recommend this this book because I believe the moral of the story is about friendship and how you make them in unusual ways. In the beginning I thought the book was pretty funny and I saw how each character go together well.  For the most part I think I could relate to Mr. Lewis because of his humor and his love for beautiful things like as music. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to read Notes From the Midnight Driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection

        The three most important things I learned this you in ELA was, how to write blogs with correct grammar. For the school year  my teac...